Likened to country greats-June Carter & Jeannie C Riley, this streetwise performer seduces audiences with her irresistible cheek, home grown humour & dulcet tones. With a booty of ukuleles, acoustic guitars & cowboys galore, this swingin' cowgirl is the East coasts sassiest new artist blending country roots with old world, nostalgic charm.
Kathryn Jones launched her music career with a rock band at the tender age 14 and by 17 was touring Australia’s East Coast with a fake I.D. and gutsy determination. Critics and audiences alike were impressed with her solid, charismatic performances but it didn’t stop her from hitting the pause button for 14 years to start a family.
Kathryn returned with a bang when she launched her debut EP Oh Brother Come Home in 2007, which earned her a Best Female Vocal nomination two years later at the Dolphin Awards for the haunting ballad ‘The Living Dead’. Kathryn did take home the Best Written Lyrics award for the track ‘Oh Brother Come Home’, which was written for her estranged brother who she hadn’t seen in ten years.Kathryn’s catchy, soul driven tunes envelope the listener and set a course for an intimate experience of pleasure, adventure and sensory exposure.
Interestingly, it was while studying at the Conservatorium of Music in 2008 that Kathryn was handpicked by Australian country music star, Clelia Adams to accompany her at Australia’s largest and most diverse country music festival, the Gympie Muster. She also performed on stage with Aria nominated singer/songwriter Lou Bradley.Since then she has been touring with Clelia as well as carving out her own career with guest performances at the Slim Dusty Country Music Memories Concert, Tamworth Country Music Festival & Mullum Music Festival.
Kathryn has completed her new 12 track album titled "Yesterdays News" which boasts some of the countries finest artists such as Clelia Adams, Kirk Lorange, Jim Kelly, Cleis Pearce and Greg Sheehan to name a few.
Kathryn released “Yesterday’s News” at the 2011 Tamworth Country Music Festival and is currently touring in both Australia and New Zealand.
- December 2011 – Aust.East coast tour with “THE SWINGIN’ COWGIRLS”
- November 2011 – New Zealand Tour with "THE SWINGIN’ COWGIRLS “
- November 2011 – Mullumbimby Music Festival
- October 2011 – Ballina Coastal Country Music Festival
- October 2011 – Lismore Country Carna Club
- October 2011 – Slim Dusty Country Music Memories Concert
- September 2011 – Facilitated “MOTHERS IN MUSIC” workshop
- August 2011 – “ Salute to the Sirens” Cabaret Show
- August 2011 – “Cowgirl Cabaret “ show
- May 2011 – Feature artist Mullumbimby Country Music Club
- March 2011 – CD Launch Yesterday’s News “Lismore Country Carna Club “
- February 2011 – New Zealand Tour with “THE SWINGIN’ COWGIRLS”
- February 2011 – featured artist on ABC Radio
- Jan 2011 Launched new album “YESTERDAY’S NEWS” at Tamworth Country Music Festival
- Jan 2011 Launched new album “YESTERDAY’S NEWS” at Yamba Country Music Club
- Oct 2010 Slim Dusty Country Music Memories Concert
- Oct 2010 Lismore Country Music Club
- Oct 2010 Mullumbimby Country Music Club
- Aug 2010 Headline act – Mullumbimby Folk Club
- Jun 2010 Red Deer Music Festival w/Anna van Riel
- May 2010 Headline Act ‐Camden Haven Music Festival
- Jan 2010 Tamworth Country Music Festival w/Clelia Adams
- Dec 2009 Mackay Country Music Club w/Clelia Adams
- Oct 2009 Slim Dusty Country Music Memories Concert
- Aug 2009 Gympie Muster with Clelia Adams
- Jun 2009 Yamba Country Music Club
- Mar 2009 Springwood Country Music Club
- Jan 2009 Tamworth Country Music Festival w/ Clelia Adams
- Aug 2008 Gympie Muster with Lou Bradley & Clelia Adams
- Opening Act Fatherhood Festival Concert w/ Mick McHugh for Jeff Lang, Tex Perkins & James Cruikshank
- Aug 2008 Mullumbimby Country Music Club
- Opening Act Fatherhood Festival Concert w/ Mick McHugh for Damien Leigh (2007 Australian Idol Winner)
- Aug 2008 Headlining Act Conservatorium of Music Concert Lismore
- Aug 2008 Special guest Lou Bradley Songwriter Concert.
- Feb 2008 Guest performer at Ole` Masquerade Carnivale Women’s Ball
- Feb 2008 Special guest at Quintessence Songwriters Night
- Nov 2007 Headlining Act Mullumbimby Folk club & E.P Launch of “Oh Brother Come Home”
- Nov 2007 headlining act Federal Folk Club